12x Essential Traffic Tips
You’ve got these big plans and big goals for your business. But before a single one of those goals can materialize, you need to get targeted traffic to your website… and plenty of it.
Question is, how do you do that?
That’s what you’re about to discover, as we cover the 12 essentials tips, keys, and strategies for generating and optimizing your (visitors) traffic.
Let’s get started…
#1: Plan Your Traffic Strategy
Many marketers make the mistake of jumping right in and trying to do a dozen different traffic methods at once.
Instead, what you need to do is this:
- Plan your traffic strategy based on your strengths and the best way to reach your particular audience.
- Select one traffic method with which to start.
- Get that one traffic method up, running, and getting results.
- Add another traffic method only after you’ve got the first one generating results.
- Rinse and repeat.
#2: Targeted Markets Using Social Media
Social media, as the name suggests, is all about being social. To that end, you can’t blast out a lot of ads and expect to get good results. Instead, you need to start up a dialogue with your followers.
You need to interact. And you need to offer them good content that inspires them, helps them and grows their trust in you.
Once you do that, then your audience is going to be more often to your offers on social media.
TIP: Don’t try to engage on every popular social media channel. Instead, do your research to find out which ones your audience uses the most, and then pick two or perhaps three social media platforms on which to establish a presence.
Here’s the next traffic tip…
#3: Generate Warm Traffic With Guest Blogging
Guest blogging is a wonderful way to drive traffic to your website because it puts your content in front of a warm, highly targeted audience. Not only that, but guest blogging also helps you establish yourself as an expert in your niche.
If your prospects see your name appear on multiple blogs in your niche, then they’re going to see you as a trusted authority.
To that end, how do you find these opportunities?
One way is to search Google for your niche keywords (such as “car restoration” or “weight loss”) alongside words that indicate a site accepts guest content.
These words include:
- List of blogs that accept guest posts
- Guest blogging
- Guest author
- Guest articles
- Guest content
- Submit your content
- Submit guest articles
- Write for us
- Article submission guidelines
- Guest author guidelines
For example, you might search for “organic gardening article submission guidelines” (without the quotes).
#4: Leverage Other Peoples’ Assets (Free)
Whenever you place paid advertising, you’re generally leveraging someone else’s traffic sources. However, if you do a joint venture (JV) with other people in your niche, then you can leverage their assets for FREE.
What you do is set up a mutually beneficial partnership that’s designed to get traffic, build your list, build your reputation, generate sales, or some other similar goal.
For example, you can:
- Co-endorse each other on your respective platforms.
- Co-host a webinar together.
- Do a product bundle/giveaway event.
- Interview each other.
- Swap ads on your sites.
- Swap blog content on your sites.
- Share each other’s social media content.
- Promote each other’s products.
- Promote each other’s links on your download pages.
- Co-create a lead magnet and all parties promote it.
And so on – it’s really only limited to your imagination, and it’s a powerful way to generate warm traffic and leads!
#5: Grow Your Business With Affiliates
The idea behind this strategy is to get other people in your market promoting your offers in exchange for a commission. You don’t pay these commissions until someone makes a sale and you collect a payment, which makes this a great strategy for those on a shoestring budget.
In order to run a successful affiliate program, you’ll want to follow these 3 tips:
- Offer generous commissions. Generally, those selling info-products should plan on paying out 50% commissions for most affiliates, and even higher rates for the super affiliates who can generate a lot of traffic.
- Provide copy-and-paste sales materials. This includes ads, emails, blog posts, banner graphics, and similar content.
- Find and recruit super affiliates. The biggest marketers in your niche aren’t looking for your affiliate program, so you’ll need to find them… build relationships… and recruit them into your program with perks such as higher commission rates and co-endorsements.
#6: Build a Blog to Build Your Business
If you don’t create a blog for your website, then you’re missing out on a great traffic opportunity. That’s because a blog not only helps you build relationships with your audience, it also encourages repeat traffic.
What’s more, a blog can help you get new traffic if you employ these 2 strategies:
1, Optimize your content for the search engines. Find out what your market is searching for and include these keywords (in moderation and naturally) within your blog posts, meta descriptions, page titles, page URLs, and navigation.
2, Offer your top-quality, never-before-seen content on your blog. This helps your content go viral, especially if you insert social media badges to make it easy for people to click to share your content.
Here’s the next idea…
#7: Use Content Marketing to Drive Traffic
Content marketing means getting your content in all forms in front of as many targeted audience members as possible. This includes blog posts, infographics, memes, emails, social media content, lead magnets, videos, slide shares and similar.
Here are the 2 keys to content marketing:
1, You need to create high-quality content that engages people and gets them sharing your content. Aim to share unique tips, strategies, stories, case studies, observations, and other information people haven’t seen before.
2, You need to distribute this content as widely as possible. Depending on the format, you may distribute your content on your blog, on guest blogs, on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and so on), in free reports, on video-sharing sites, on SlideShare.net, and so on. You can even share it offline, such as in a newspaper column.
Here’s the next tip for getting quality traffic…
#8: Your Audience = Your Brand Ambassadors
Some of the best and warmest traffic you can generate is when satisfied customers and engaged prospects share your marketing messages with their contacts.
There are 2 main ways to get this sort of traffic:
- Create high-quality shareworthy content. If you can create content that connects with people on an emotional level – such as something that makes them laugh, makes them go “wow!” or inspires them – then they’re more likely to share your content with their friends.
- Set up a referral program. Here’s where you encourage happy customers to refer their friends to your business. The best way to do this is with a two-way referral program, which means you reward both parties. For example, you might give both the referral and the existing customer a free product or discount coupon.
Here’s another idea…
#9: Boost Your Visibility in the Search Engines
Every day, Google processes around 40,000 searches per SECOND (or about 3.5 billion per day). A good number of those searches are related to your market. Question is, are your prospects finding you in the search engines when they do these searches?
If not, you’ll want to put this simple process into play:
1, Find out what words your audience uses to search for information in your niche. You can use a tool like WordRecon.com, MarketSamurai.com or even WordTracker.com to uncover these words.
2, Include those words naturally in your web pages. Write for your readers FIRST, and only include the keywords if it can be done naturally (i.e., no keyword stuffing).
3, Create high-quality content that gets shared. This is the natural way to build incoming links, especially from high-quality authority sites.
Of course, there are other steps to boost your visibility, which I’ll share with you inside the Traffic Tactics SEO guide.
#10: Place Paid Ads That Get Results
Buying advertising (when done right) is a good way to get plenty of high-quality traffic flowing into your site fast. For example, you can place a Google ad, Bing ad, or Facebook ad right now and have targeted traffic arriving in as little as a couple of hours.
There are other good sites to place ads aside from Facebook, Bing, and Google. You can also seek out sites in your niche that accept advertising. Just search Google for your niche keywords (such as “dog training”) alongside the following words to uncover these opportunities:
- Sites that accept advertising
- For advertisers
- Advertising guidelines
- Submit ads
- Banner ads
- Blog ads
- Purchase ads
- Buy advertising
Do your due diligence with every ad opportunity to ensure your target market will see your ad. And then test and track your campaigns in order to get the best response.
#11: “Old School” Ideas to Generate Traffic
Your market may be wholly connected to the online world, but they still live offline. And that’s why offline advertising is still a very effective way to generate traffic and leads.
Some of my favorite offline advertising methods include:
- Distributing press releases.
- Giving offline talks
- Doing free workshops.
- Forging a joint venture with an offline business owner.
- Networking at meetups.
- Sending postcards.
- Renting a booth at a niche event.
For example, if you’re in a dog training niche, you can ask a pet supplies store owner about doing a dog training mini-workshop in their store. They’ll love the free foot traffic, and you’ll love all the leads you generate!
#12: Optimize Your Conversions
One big mistake many advertisers make is to keep investing time and money into ad campaigns without ever seeing if they can improve them. It’s well worth the time to optimize your conversions because you could double or even triple your traffic and sales with a few relatively simple tweaks.
The first thing you need to do to optimize conversions is to gather the needed tools for testing your campaigns.
Here are your options:
- Check for built-in tools. Platforms like Google Ads, Facebook ads, and even your email service responder tend to have built-in tools for tracking and testing campaigns.
- Acquire third-party tools. Depending on your needs, you can use simple a/b split testing tools (like SplitTestMonkey.com), or you can use more in-depth analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Matomo.org.
Once you have your tools in place, then you can start testing your ad headlines, calls to action, venues, landing pages, and more. Remember, often you’ll find that small tweaks lead to big (and profitable) results!
You just discovered the 12 essential tips, tricks, and strategies you need to start generating and converting more (visitors) traffic. Many of these tips are “quick win” tips, so you can literally put them to work today and start seeing a positive impact on your traffic numbers!
Naturally, these 12 essentials are merely a starting point when it comes to creating a powerful traffic strategy for your business.
If you liked what you read in this post, then you’re going to love the Traffic Editions below.
That’s because you’ll discover the eye-opening strategies that are going to be game-changers in your business.
Because everyone wants more traffic. However, you also need higher-quality traffic, and better-converting traffic too.
That’s where our latest training traffic generation products come in.
WANT EVEN MORE TRAFFIC?
Then check out this traffic product too.
Then choose which one is right for you and your business.
Better still get both, while they are still on special offer, and be a traffic generation expert overnight.