Video Marketing Cheat Sheet
Are you doing any video marketing to promote your online business? If not, you should be. Use this cheat sheet to be sure you’re covering all your bases…
Determine What Type of Video to Create
First off, you need to figure out the goal of your video and what format will best help you achieve your goal. For example, if you’re doing a promotional video, it might take the form of:
- Direct-response promotional video.
- Product review or comparison.
- A useful yet incomplete video that soft-sells an offer.
Or if you’re looking to build your mailing list, your video might be “Part 1” of a series, with “Part 2” offered in exchange for an email address.
Once you decide the overall goal, then decide on the format. Specifically:
- Slide-presentation video.
- Talking-head video.
- Demo video (how to complete a task or how to use a product).
- Animated video.
- Combination video.
Decide Whether to Do It Yourself or Outsource
There are many pieces required to put a good video together. Depending on the type of video you’re creating, these pieces may include:
- A compelling, engaging video script.
- Slides (for a slide share presentation), including graphics and text.
- Voice-over narration.
- Video editing.
- Final production.
If you’re not skilled in some or even all of these areas, then you’ll want to consider hiring someone to create your video for you.
Here’s where to find video producers, voice-over artists and other skilled providers:
- Go to freelancing sites such as UpWork.com (for all freelancers) and Voices.com (for voice-over talent).
- Search Google for the specific type of freelancer you need (e.g., “voice over artist”).
- Ask your colleagues and friends for recommendations.
Develop Your Video
Next, develop your video via storyboarding. This means planning each minute of your video in terms of what people will see (the graphics, animation, demo, etc.) and what they will hear (the script).
Be sure your video includes these characteristics:
- It’s engaging. Tell stories, sound enthusiastic, and use engaging words.
- It’s visually interesting. Keep the visuals moving along, but not at a predictable pace. An unpredictable pace makes your video more appealing.
- It shares useful or even new information. Ideally, you should offer one of your best tips in the first 30-60 seconds of your video to really impress viewers and keep them hooked.
- It shares information in a conversational, friendly way. Create your script as if you were sharing this information with your best friend.
Once your video is ready to go, distribute it widely. This includes:
- Posting it on YouTube and including keywords in your description and tags.
- Posting it on other social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Use hashtags to reach a greater audience.
- Encourage people to share the video.
- Invite people to comment and like it.
- Sending the video to your other platforms, including posting it on your blog, sending it to your newsletter list, posting it in your forums or groups, etc.
- Asking your joint venture partners to share the video as widely as possible.
If you pull all these steps together, then you’ll have a good video that produces great results for you.
By the way…
If you want to create most types of expert videos ridiculously fast? Then you need this new cloud video app (SAAS). Software as a service.
All you have to do is to paste in your sales script and it creates a professional video for you with relevant images, transitions, and video content in just minutes. Saving days of work. It is incredibly easy and fun!
You can easily add a selection of their excellent background music, or add your voice-over audio or both. You can edit or change whatever you want in seconds, even add your logo. When you’re happy with it, simply save your new video masterpiece and download it in HD.
You can create expert videos for yourself: VSLs, Affiliate promotions, Videos for Local businesses, etc in minutes. This is a quality easy to use video app and not some junk video software. We wouldn’t waste your time mentioning it if we didn’t think you would benefit from it too.
So quickly start making more money, leads, and sales with this cloud software today!
We highly recommend it. Discover more, by clicking the link below…
If you want an in-depth pro suite of tools like Final Cut Pro, then this is not for you.
Having said that we have both, however we definitely use this new cloud video app far more in our business. Hope that helps to clarify the differences.
Check it out, you will be glad that you did.
let us know what you think in the comments below.